Christopher Villanti joined Petroff Amshen LLP in July 2015 as a litigation associate. He concentrates his practice on mortgage foreclosure defense, as well as commercial contract disputes.
Mr. Villanti has experience representing individuals in all aspects of the mortgage foreclosure process and is committed to preventing clients from unjustly losing their homes.
Prior to joining Petroff Amshen LLP, Christopher Villanti practiced law for two large international law firms in New York City. While at these firms, Mr. Villanti worked in the commercial litigation department representing individuals, investors, officers, directors, and corporations in both state and federal court in a number of matters involving products liability,constitutional law, real estate, bankruptcy, securities fraud, and contract litigation.
Christopher Villanti significant representative experience includes:
- Representation of successful merchant processing entrepreneur in Nassau County, Kings County, and New York County Supreme Courts in connection with claims for mortgage foreclosure and breach of contract;
- Representation of Roman Catholic Diocese in New York state and federal court actions alleging violations of the First and Fourteenth Amendments;
- Representation of partnership in connection with the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York;
- Representation of successful New York City real estate developer in New York state action in dual action alleging lien foreclosure and breach of contract/professional malpractice respectively;
- Representation of major beverage manufacturer against claims of breach of distribution agreement brought in United States District Court for the Southern District of New York;
- Representation of successful real estate mogul in breach of option agreement action brought in New York County Supreme Court
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Mr. Villanti received a B.A. in Economics and Philosophy, Politics, and Law, magna cum laude, from Binghamton University in 2005 and aJ.D., cum laude, in 2008 from St. John’s University School of Law, where he also served as Articles Editor for the St. John’s University Law Review.
Christopher Villanti Publications:
- A Game of Hold’em: Critiquing United States v. Gabaldon’s “All-In” Approach to Federal Kidnapping, 81 St. John’s L. Rev. 701 (2007)