Serge Petroff is the firm’s founding member and a managing partner. Mr. Petroff focuses his practice on civil litigation. His unique experience litigating complex legal matters on behalf of commercial clients, as well as defending homeowners against banks, equips the firm with the necessary ammunition to achieve the most beneficial outcomes for clients. Mr. Petroff is a tenacious advocate who emanates honesty and dedication, and is committed to providing zealous representation and cost effective legal services.
Mr. Petroff is a founding member and Executive Vice President of the New York State Foreclosure Defense Bar. NYSFDB is a non-for-profit bar association of foreclosure defense attorneys who focus their practice on representing homeowners in saving their homes.
Mr. Petroff is also active in foreclosure prevention through the Volunteer Lawyers Project (VLP) of the Brooklyn Bar Association, helping those who as a result of poverty or special needs may not otherwise have access to the quality legal services that every family deserves. In addition, Serge Petroff is a current member of the Director’s Circle of the VLP Foreclosure Panel.
- J.D., St. John’s University
- Executive Vice-President of the New York State Foreclosure Defense Bar
- Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Brooklyn Bar Association
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Foreclosure Program Roundtable
- Foreclosure Updates for Volunteer Attorneys
- Foreclosure Basics
- Advanced Topics in Foreclosure Defense
- Director’s Circle of VLP Foreclosure Panel
- New York State Supreme Court Pro Bono Award
- Brooklyn Bar Association Gold Certificate For Exceptional Commitment to Pro Bono Service with citation: Dedication, professionalism and generosity that help make access to justice a reality for Brooklyn’s neediest residents.